Woodcutters, St Johns Road,
Bashley, New Milton, Hampshire BH25 5SD
Tel. 01425 610332 E-mail. email@example.com
Proprietors:- Jane and Dan Fish
The 'Granary' is a long established detached self catering annexe to our home Woodcutters on the edge of the New Forest. The site is quiet with trees and fields all round. The property was a small holding and has a paddock and some woodland. The house and annexe are well set back from the lane in a garden of about three quarters of an acre.
The Granary has the following accommodation:
- Kitchen/dining room, fully fitted out with ample cutlery, nice china, cooking pans and utensils and is accessed through the double glazed main entrance door. The kitchen contains:-
- Full size gas cooker
- Sink with efficient electric hot water heater
- Toaster and electric kettle
- IKEA wood topped sideboard with storage cupboards and drawers
- Dining table and 4 chairs (extra chairs available if needed)
- Leading off the kitchen is a small bedroom containing:-
- Two single beds with bedside lamps
- Chest of drawers
- Fitted carpet
- Also leading off the kitchen is the fully carpeted sitting room containing:-
- Full size double sofa bed.
- Separate settee
- Coffee/ bedside table
- Antique corner cupboard
- Norwegian Jotul wood burning stove
- Colour TV with DVD player
- The sitting room window is facing a chestnut tree
- At the back of the sitting room is a door leading into a small lobby containing:-
- Storage shelves and hanging space
- Iron and ironing board.
- Off the lobby is a wash room containing:-
- Hand basin
- Powerful wall mounted fan heater
- From the lobby the back door leads out into small secluded guests garden with garden chairs
- A barbeque is available for use in the garden..
The annexe is simply furnished in cottage style with fully fitted carpets in the bedroom and sitting room. It use to be used by our mother, hence the name the 'Granary'. The Granary was originally converted from a garage over 30 years ago.
The Granary is approximately half a mile from the open forest and from the village of Bashley, which has a general store and Post Office. The lane is unmade up beyond us to the forest and safe for children. It is a good cycling area. New Milton with a main line railways service is 2 miles away and the sea with safe bathing beaches 4 miles. Christchurch is 8 miles away and Lymington 7. Brockenhurst in the centre of the forest is 6 miles.
There is ample concrete parking close to the main entrance door, which can be helpful for guests with mobility problems
Tariff at The Granary
Our rates are £200 per week basic + £7.50/head/week for adults (no charge for children under 16).
Bedding, bath mat and tea towels are provided, there is an additional charge of £5.00 per head for linen (pillow cases, duvet covers, bottom sheets and personal towels) if required. Cooking gas and wood (in winter) are provided with electricity paid at cost by meter.
We request a £25 deposit and booking fee, the full rent (including any linen charges) to be paid at least 30 days before arrival with the deposit returnable on departure. (Cheques should be made payable to Mrs. D.J. Fish). Refunds in the event of cancellation will be at our discretion.
We regret that we do not take pets and ask guests not to smoke.
Carbon Neutral New Forest Holiday?
Woodcutters and The 'Granary' are virtually 'Zero Carbon' establishments with nearly 7KW of photovoltaic power and significant solar water heating and other green features.
We give a £10 discount to any parties who arrive by foot or bike and will meet guests arriving by train at New Milton station, in our solar charged electric car.
Charging point for electric cars available.
For more details or to make a booking please contact Jane and Dan on Tel. 01425 610332 E-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org