Telephone: 01794 342400 Email: email@example.com
Woodpeckers offers a variety of holiday accommodation close to the market town of Romsey,
Bed and Breakfast
Woodpeckers luxury B&B accommodation is location in private cottages within their grounds. All the rooms are fully equipped (with Wifi) and you invited to join us in the farmhouse for breakfast, where we offer a full breakfast menu including many home cooked and locally sourced delights.
Our self catering two bedroom wooden clad cottage has everything you would expect for everyday living, a well integrated kitchen, 2 bedrooms (1 double and 1 twin) and 2 bathrooms, a setting room with comfortable leather sofas and a flat screen television with doors opening into it's own garden. Sleeps 4.
Our Strawberry Fields camp site is a quiet camp site set in a peaceful, picturesque surroundings. Toilets, show, washing up facilities and optional cooked breakfasts are available in the farmhouse. Pitches from £8. No groups or dogs - sorry.
Woodpeckers is located in the heart of the countryside near the market town of Romsey and a short drive from the New Forest National Park. This peaceful and secluded location offers fantastic views and walks, wildlife in abundance and peace and tranquillity.
The loudest noise you will hear is the dawn chorus with the distinctive cuckoo during spring time, and during summer the woodpeckers (from whom we take our name) are out in abundance. Whilst enjoying the inspiring views you will notice rabbits, deer and other wildlife close by, attracted to this secluded and peaceful location.
Explore the area
There are many things to do for people with interests from walking and exploring to more high octane activities including:
- Paulton's Park and Peppa Pig World, Romsey - a family theme park offers a family day out with over 60 rides and attractions included in the price in Hampshire, The New Forest. Home to Peppa Pig world.
- Broadlands House, Romsey - Broadlands house has recently had a major overhaul and if you fancy a spot of guiding you will be welcomed with open arms. The gracious grounds lead down to the river, the house still has about it that formality that is a strange blend of architecture and politics, and is well worth exploring.
- Mottisfont Abbey, Romsey - a romantic house and gallery set in beautiful riverside gardens. At the heart of this serene rural estate is Mottisfont Abbey, set in glorious grounds alongside the fast-flowing River Test.
- Sir Harold Hillier Gardens, Romsey- over 42,000 plants from temperate regions around the world grow in a variety of themed landscapes. An idyllic venue for special occasions, civil ceremonies, weddings and conferences. Events and exhibitions all year round. Excellent restaurant and summer tea rooms. Family friendly. Free entry for children.
- Romsey Rapids Leisure Centre - the Rapids prides itself on being a welcoming leisure centre offering a wide range of sporting, fitness, and wellbeing facilities.
- Beaulieu National Motor Museum - Beaulieu is a guaranteed great family day out with lots for everyone to enjoy including the world famous National Motor Museum and Palace House, home to Lord Montague.
- Longdown Activity Farm, Ashurst - fantastic family day for everyone. Join in with the daily schedule of activities, which run throughout the day.
- Moors Valley Country Park, Ringwood - there is something for everyone, whether you want to enjoy a peaceful walk or cycle ride through the Forest, experience a ride on an authentic narrow-gage steam train or even Go Ape on a high wire forest adventure swinging through the tree tops.
- Sprat and Winkle Line, Test Way - The curious nickname of 'Sprat and Winkle Line' (or sometimes `The Parsons and Prawns'!) has always been applied to that portion of the London and South Western railway running between Andover and Redbridge, in Hampshire. An ideal and picturesque cycling or walking route!